1947 – establishment of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering at Kaunas State University
1950 – Kaunas State University was renamed to Kaunas Polytechnic Institute
1964 – the Faculty of Telecommunications and Electronics was established at Kaunas Polytechnic Institute
1967 – the Faculty of Automation was established at Kaunas Polytechnic Institute
1988 – the Faculty of Electrical Engineering was reorganised to Faculty of Energetics.
1993 – Faculties of Automation and Energetics of Kaunas University of Technology were merged and the new faculty was titled the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Automation
2005 – Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Automation was renamed to Faculty of Electrical and Control Engineering
2014 – Faculties of Telecommunications and Electronics and Electrical and Control Engineering were reorganised, and the Faculty of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was established